- Ms. Lavanya Mandava successfully passed her PhD oral comprehensive exam (proposal defense) on January 11, 2018. Congratulations, Lavanya! Keep up the good work!
- The following paper won Best Paper Award. Congratulations!
Y. Wang and L. Xing, "Reliability of Wireless Sensor Networks subject to Phase-Dependent Probabilistic Competing Failures," International Conference on Reliability Systems Engineering (ICRSE 2017), Beijing, China, July 10-12, 2017.
- Mr. Yanhao Zeng successfully passed his MS thesis defense on June 2, 2017. Great Job and Congratulations, Yanhao!
- The following paper won Best Paper Award (Link). Congratulations, Qisi! Keep up the good work!
Q. Liu and L. Xing, "Hierarchical Reliability Analysis of Multi-state Cloud-RAID Storage System," International Conference on Quality, Reliability, Risk, Maintenance, and Safety Engineering, Beijing, China, July 2015.
- Yujie Wang successfully passed her Ph.D. Dissertation defense on April 29. Congratulations, Yujie!
- Abigail E O'Brien successfully passed her MS project defense on April 26, 2016. Congratulations, Abby!
- The following paper has won the RAMS 2015 Thomas L. Fagan, Jr. Best Student Paper Award (First Place). RAMS
is a premier conference in the reliability engineering field. Congratulations, Yujie!
Yujie Wang, Liudong Xing (co-adviser), Honggang Wang (co-adviser), and Gregory Levitin,
“Probabilistic Competing Failure Analysis in Body Sensor Networks,”
Proceedings of The 61st Annual Reliability & Maintainability Symposium (RAMS),
Palm Harbor, FL, January 2015.
- Navya Mandava successfully passed her MS project defense on Dec. 4. Congratulations!
- Harika Vankayalapati successfully passed her MS project defense on Nov. 25. Congratulations!
- Purna Satya Subrahmanyam Andra passed his M.S. project defense successfully on 9/29/15. Congratulations, Purna!
- Qisi Liu passed her M.S. thesis defense successfully on 9/4/15. Congratulations, Qisi! Keep up your good work for Ph.D.
- Dr. Chaonan Wang has been awarded "Eastern Scholar" of Shanghai, China. Congratulations, Chaonan!
- Amir Ehsani Zonouz won the Siemens Mobility IDEA contest - first prize! His idea "Smart Parking Lot Using Quadcopter Network" won the first place among the 190 ideas participating in the Siemens Solving Traffic Challenges of Tomorrow challenge. Chek out the video. Congratulations, Amir!!
- Professor Liudong Xing was honored with the 2014 Leo M. Sullivan Teacher of the Year award, UMass Dartmouth.
- Congratulations to Leo Acker for passing the MS project defense successfully! Great job, Leo!
- Congratulations to Chaonan Wang for passing the PhD dissertation defense successfully! Great job, Chaonan!
- Amir and Dr. Xing attended The 60th Annual Reliability & Maintainability Symposium (RAMS2014) at Colorado, Springs, January 27-30, 2014 to present the group's research
- Amir Ehsani Zonouz*, L. Xing, V. M. Vokkarane, and Y. Sun, “A Time-Dependent Link Failure Model for Wireless Sensor Networks”
C. Wang*, L. Xing, V. M. Vokkarane, and Y. Sun, “A Phased-Mission Framework for Communication Reliability in WSN”
- L. Xing, “Introduction to Fault Tree Analysis,” Tutorial Notes.
- Congratulations, Santhosh N. Murthy, for passing the M.S. project defense on May 23, 2013!
- Congratulations, Amir Ehsani Zonouz, for passing the PhD oral proposal defense on February 22, 2013! Keep up the good work.
- The paper "Efficient Analysis of Warm Standby Systems using Central Limit Theorem” coauthored by Ola Tannous and L. Xing won the Second Place in the Tom Fagan Reliability & Maintainability Symposium Student Paper Competition in 2012. Congratulations, Ola!
- Congratulations to Ruiping Ma for receiving the Graduate Student Travel Grant from the Provost Office. She presented our research on "Linear Cryptanalysis of A Survivable Data Transmission Mechanism for Sensor Networks" at the 12th Annual IEEE Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security, Waltham, MA, in November 2012.
Chaonan Wang, Amir Ehsani Zonouz, and Dr. Xing attended the 18th ISSAT International Conference on Reliability and Quality in Design, July 26-28, 2012 in Boston, MA (Ack: Graduate Student Travel Grant & NSF0832594 & NSF1112947). Three papers were presented
"Manycast and Anycast-Based Infrastructure Communication Reliability for Wireless Sensor Networks" by Chaonan.
"K-coverage Reliability Evaluation for Wireless Sensor Networks" by Amir.
"Combinatorial Reliability Analysis of Warm-Standby Systems with Imperfect Fault Coverage" by Dr. Xing.
Chaonan Wang presented two papers in the International Conference on Quality, Reliability, Risk, Maintenance, and Safety Engineering (QR2MSE2012), Chengdu, China, June 2012 (Ack: NSF1112947).
- "Reliability Analysis of Wireless Sensor Networks using Different Network Topology Characteristics"
"Reliability of Multi-Trigger Multi-State Systems Subject to Competing Failures"
- Congratulations to Ola Tannous for passing the Ph.D. dissertation defense successfully on May 4, 2012!
- Congratulations to Shantanu D. Ghumare for passing the M.S. project defense successfully on January 27, 2012!
Ola Tannous and Prashanthi Boddu attended the Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (RAMS 2012),
Jan. 23-26, 2012 in Reno, Nevada. Their travels are supported by NSF grant 0832594 and Graduate Student Travel Grant.
Ola presented the paper
titled "Efficient Analysis of Warm Standby Systems using Central Limit Theorem".
Prashanthi presented the paper
titled "Redundancy Allocation for k-out-of-n: G Systems with Mixed Spare Types".
Chaonan Wang attended the Annual Meeting of INFORMS
(Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences), and presented our research titled "A Fast Approximation Method for Cold-Standby System Analysis", Charlotte, North Carolina, Nov. 13-16, 2011.
- Congratulations to Tarun Saxena for passing the M.S. project defense successfully on October 26, 2011!
- Dr. Xing and her collaborators received a new NSF grant link
- Dr. Xing and her PhD student Chaonan Wang attended the Seventh International Conference on Mathematical Methods in Reliability - Theory, Methods, Applications in Beijing, June 20-24, 2011.They presented three research papers. Their travels are supported by NSF grant 0832594 and UMassD Travel Grant.
- Congratulations to Chaonan Wang!! She received the Graduate Student Travel Grant to attend the Seventh International Conference on Mathematical Methods in Reliability - Theory, Methods, Applications in Beijing, June 20-24, 2011. She will present our research papers. Her travel will also be partly supported by NSF grant 0832594
- Congratualtions to Ola Tannous for receiving the NSF EASPI fellowship for summer 2011. Ola will travel to National University of Singapore and work on her research under the supervision of Prof. Min Xie for about two months.
- News on defenses
- Sandeep Jangra successfully defended his MS thesis on April 26 (Tuesday). Congratulations, Sandeep!!!
- Monika Shrestha successfully defended her MS thesis on April 15 (Friday). Congratulations, Monika!!!
- Prashanthi Boddu successfully defended her PhD proposal on April 14 (Thursday). Congratulations, Prashanthi!!!
- Ruiping Ma successfully defended her PhD proposal on March 29 (Tuesday). Congratulations, Ruiping!!!
- Ola Tannous successfully defended her PhD proposal on Feb. 8 (Tuesday). Congratulations, Ola!!!
Dr. Xing was invited to serve as an Associator Editor of the International Journal of Systems Science (IJSS) in January 2011.
- Dr. Xing and her PhD student Ola Tannous attended the 57th Annual Reliability & Maintainability Symposium, FL, USA on January 24-27 to present three research papers. Their travels are supported by NSF grant 0832594 and UMassD Travel Grant.
- Dr. Xing and Dr. Rai are co-arganizing an IJPE
Special Issue on
Dependability of Wireless Systems and Networks. Welcome
your contributions to the special issue!
- Akshatha Kappa passed her MS defense on November 12! Good job, Aksha. Congratulations!!
- Congratulations to Ola Tannous!! She received the Graduate Student Travel Grant to attend the 57th Annual Reliability & Maintainability Symposium, FL, USA in January 2011 to present the paper “Reliability Analysis of Warm Standby Systems using Sequential BDD”. The paper was co-authored with Dr. Xing and with Dr. J. B. Dugan from the University of Virginia. Her travel will also be partly supported by NSF grant 0832594
- Dr. Xing is on travel in China June 17 ~ July 16. She will visit several universities in Beijing, Chengdu, and Xi'an.
- Congratulations to both Monika Shrestha and Prashanthi Boddu!! Both of them received Graduate Student Travel Grant to attend the 16th ISSAT International Conference on Reliability and Quality in
Design, Washington D.C., August 2010 to present the following papers. Their travels will also be partly supported by NSF grant 0832594
L. Xing, G. Levitin, P. Boddu*, and T. Song, "Reliability Analysis of
Systems with Competing Propagated Failures and Failure Isolation Effect,"
- M. Shrestha*, L. Xing, and H. Xu, "Complete Sequence Generation
Algorithm for Reliability Analysis of Dynamic Systems with
- Happy Chinese New Year!!!
- Our former DCN member Brock A. Morrissette attended RAMS 2010 @ San Jose, CA to present the following paper:
L. Xing, B. A. Morrissette, and J. B. Dugan, "Efficient Analysis of Imperfect Coverage Systems with Functional Dependence," Proc. of The 56th Annual Reliability & Maintainability Symposium (RAMS), January 25-28, 2010
- Welcome back! Have a great new semester Spring 2010!
- Dr. Xing and Ola Tannous submitted their first collaborated paper to the IEEE Transactions on Reliability. Ola is now in her first semester of Ph.D. study. Good job, Ola!
- Dr. Xing made the following research presentations in Summer 2009 in China:
- L. Xing, J. B. Dugan, and B. A. Morrissette, "An Efficient Approach to Handling Functional Dependence Loops," The 8th International Conference on Reliability, Maintainability and Safety, pp. 37-40, Chengdu, China, July 2009.
- A. Shrestha, L. Xing, and D. W. Coit, “Multistate Component Importance Analysis Using Multistate Multivalued Decision Diagrams,” The 8th International Conference on Reliability Maintainability and Safety, pp. 99-103, Chengdu, China, July 21-25, 2009.
- T. Jin, Y. Yu, and L. Xing, "Reliability Analysis of RAID Systems using Repairable k-out-of-n Modeling Techniques," The International Conference on the Interface between Statistics and Engineering, Beijing, China, July 13-15, 2009 (abstract)
- Ruiping Ma presented our paper "A Data Transmission Mechanism for Survivable Sensor Networks” in The IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture, and Storage, Zhang Jia Jie, China, July 9-11, 2009. The paper received the Best Paper Award. Congratulations, Ruiping!!
- Brock A. Morrissette passed the oral defense for his M.S. project on May 11, 2009. Congratulations, Brock!!
- Dr. Song, Brock, & Ruiping presented our research work in the 15th Annual UMassD Sigma-Xi Research Exhibition on April 28 & 29, 2009.
- The paper "Reliability Modeling and Analysis of Wireless Sensor Networks", coauthored by Akhiles Shrestha, Dr. Xing and Dr Liu, won the second place in the 2006 IEEE Region 1 Graduate Student Paper Contest. Congratulations, Akhilesh!!
- Prashanthi Boddu, Anirudh Kumar, Ankit P. Parikh, and Akhilesh Shrestha presented our research work in the 14th Annual UMassD Sigma-Xi Research Exhibition.