Honors and Awards
- Fellow, The International Society of Engineering Asset Management (ISEAM), since 2019
- Keynote Speaker at the International Conference on Quality, Reliability, Risk, Maintenance, and Safety Engineering, August 2019
Talk Title: "Competing Failure Analysis in the Internet of Things System with Functional Dependence"
- 2018 IEEE Region 1 Outstanding Teaching in an IEEE Area of Interest (University or College) Award ,“for outstanding and sustained contributions as an educator and mentor in the fields of computer engineering and reliability engineering”.
- 2018 Premium Award for Best Paper in IET Wireless Sensor Systems .
A. E. Zonouz (Ph.D. 2015), L. Xing (co-adviser), V. M. Vokkarane (co-adviser), and Y. Sun, “Hybrid Wireless Sensor Networks: A Reliability, Cost and Energy-Aware Approach,” IET Wireless Sensor Systems, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 42-48, 2016 (Link)
- Best Paper Award at the 2017 International Conference on Reliability Systems Engineering (ICRSE) (news).
Y. Wang (Ph.D. 2016) and L. Xing (adviser), “Reliability of Wireless Sensor Networks subject to Phase-Dependent Probabilistic Competing Failures,” Proc. of International Conference on Reliability Systems Engineering, Beijing, China, July 10-12, 2017
- Invited Speaker at the 17th China Fault Tolerant Computing Conference, Nanjing, China, July 18-20, 2017 (Image)
Talk Title: "New Developments in Dynamic Standby Fault-Tolerant Systems"
- Plenary Speaker at the International Conference on Networks and Information (ICNI 2016), New York, USA, January 7-9, 2016
Talk Title: "Reliability Computing for Modern Networks"
- Best Paper Award at the 2015 International Conference on Quality, Reliability, Risk, Maintenance, and Safety Engineering (News).
Q. Liu (Ph.D. student) and L. Xing (adviser), “Hierarchical Reliability Analysis of Multi-state Cloud-RAID Storage System,” Proc. of International Conference on Quality, Reliability, Risk, Maintenance, and Safety Engineering, Beijing, China, July 21-24, 2015
- Thomas L. Fagan, Jr. Best Student Paper Award (First Place) at the 2015 Annual Reliability & Maintainability Symposium (RAMS) (News).
Y. Wang (Ph.D. student), L. Xing (co-adviser), H. Wang (co-adviser), and G. Levitin, “Probabilistic Competing Failure Analysis in Body Sensor Networks,” Proc. of 2015 Annual Reliability & Maintainability Symposium, Palm Harbor, FL, January 2015
- Featured Paper in the IEEE Transactions on Computers in April 2015.
G. Levitin, L. Xing, B. W. Johnson, and Y. Dai, “Mission Reliability, Cost and Time for Cold Standby Computing Systems with Periodic Backup,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol.64, no. 4, pp. 1043-1057, April 2015
- 2015 Changjang Scholar award, Ministry of Education
- Leo M. Sullivan Teacher of the Year Award (only one per year), UMass Dartmouth, 2014 (News; Image)
- Second Place in the Tom Fagan Reliability & Maintainability Symposium Student Paper Competition in 2012
O. Tannous (Ph.D. Student) and L. Xing (adviser), “Efficient Analysis of Warm Standby Systems using Central Limit Theorem,” Proc. of The 58th Annual Reliability & Maintainability Symposium, Reno, NV, USA, January 2012
- Outstanding Women Award (only one per year), Women's Resource Center, UMass Dartmouth, 2011 (Image)
- Scholar of the Year Award (only one per year), UMass Dartmouth, 2010 (Image)
- Best Paper Award @ the IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture, and Storage, July 2009
R. Ma (Ph.D. Student), L. Xing (adviser), T. Jin, and T. Song, “A Data Transmission Mechanism for Survivable Sensor Networks,” Proc. of The IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture, and Storage (NAS), Zhang Jia Jie, China, July 9-11, 2009
- #3 top accessed article in the IEEE Transactions on Reliability in May 2009 (PDF)
L. Xing, A. Shrestha*, L. Meshkat, and W. Wang, “Incorporating Common-Cause Failures into the Modular Hierarchical Systems Analysis,” 58(1): 10-19, March 2009
- IEEE Region 1 Technological Innovation (Academic) Award, 2007 (PDF).
IEEE Region 1 spans eight states in the northeast US and has about 38,000 members
- #1 top accessed article in the IEEE Transactions on Reliability in November 2007 (PDF)
L. Xing, “Reliability Evaluation of Phased-Mission Systems with Imperfect Fault Coverage and Common-Cause Failures," 56(1): 58-68, March 2007.
- #2 top accessed article in the International Journal of Reliability, Quality and Safety Engineering in 2006 (PDF)
L. Xing, “Reliability Modeling and Analysis of Complex Hierarchical Systems," 12(6): 477-492, December 2005.
- Second place in the IEEE Region 1 Graduate Student Paper Contest in 2006 (PDF)
A. Shrestha (Ph.D. Student), L. Xing (adviser), and H. Liu, “Reliability Modeling and Analysis of Wireless Sensor Networks" .
Fellowship and scholarships, University of Virginia (1998 ~ 2002)
- First-Class Elite Fellowship, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China (1997)
- Henan Province Outstanding Graduate, China (1996)
First-Class Fellowship and scholarships for academic excellence; Top #1 GPA, Zhengzhou University (1992 ~ 1996)