Funded Projects & Ongoing Projects
To Prospective Graduate Students
- "MRI: Acquisition of COMET, A Cognitive RadiO Multimedia NEtwork Testbed for Multimedia Communication Research and Education", NSF, September 2014 ~ August 2018, PI: H. Wang, Co-PIs: Kasilingam, Xing, Michel, Li
- "CSR: Small: Collaborative Research: Bridging Reliability Analysis and Reality in Sensor Systems: Theories and Applications", NSF, August 2011 ~ July 2015, Lead PI: Xing, Co-PI: V. Vokkarane; PI (URI): Y. Sun
- "CSR-EHCS(EHS), SM: Efficient Dynamic Combinatorial Models (EDCM) for Reliability Analysis of Complex Dynamic Systems", NSF, September 2008 ~ August 2012, PI: Xing
- "CSR---SMA: Reliability Modeling and Evaluation of Fault-Tolerant Hierarchical Computer Systems", NSF, June 2006 ~ May 2008, PI: Xing
- "Sensor-Controlled Real-Time Interactive Multimedia Performance System", UMassD Hall-Hilldreth IDEAStudio Seed Funding Program for Innovation, Engineering, and Design; June 2015 ~ December 2015, PIs: J. Wang (Music Department) and Xing
- “Smart Autonomous Fault-Tolerant Environments (SAFE) Cluster”, UMassD College of Engineering Faculty Cluster Research Support Grants; October 2008 ~ September 2009 (phase I), Members: Balasubramanian (leader), Bilik, Michel, Vokkarane, Xing, Zhang
"Research on Reliable Communications for ArKion’s Sensor Networks", ArKion Systems Corporation, MA, June 2007 ~ September 2007, PI: Xing
- "Reliability Measures and Models for the Quality of Service of Wireless Sensor Networks", NSF Partnership for Innovation Grant (through the PI, Dr. F. Azadivar), 2006 - 2007, Project PI: Xing
- "Fault-Tolerance and Reliability in Networked Sensor Systems", UMassD CoE Research Seed Initiative Fund, February 2005 ~ February 2006, PIs: Xing & Michel
- "Reliability Assessment of Next Generation Internet (NGI)", UMass Healey, June 2004 ~ June 2005, PI: Xing
- "Reliability Modeling and Analysis of Computer Networks", UMass Healey, June 2003 ~ June 2004, PI: Xing
- Teaching Assistantship (TA) positions are granted by the department. Please contact the department for details.
- Research Assistantship (RA) * No Open RA positions, please come back and check!*
Exceptional graduate students may be considered for RA positions in the area of reliability engineering and dependable computing. Ph.D. students are preferred. I tend NOT to accept MS students unless the MS student is highly motivated, innovative, responsible, and committed to doing research. Students with background in computer engineering, computer science (formal methods, software engineering), electrical engineering, system engineering, industrial engineering, mathematics (probability theory) are welcome to apply. For more details about the positions, see PDF
Exceptional undergraduate students (with strong programming skills in Java) are also welcome to contact me.
- Contact information
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 508-999-8883
Note: when submitting your inquiry or application, please include your resume and transcripts in the body of the email or as attachments in .txt or .pdf formats.